PEDIATRIC PSYCHIATRY CLINIC
Child and adolescent psychiatry is a branch of medicine that deals with the mental, cognitive, academic, and social development of children and young adults in the 0-18 age group. Child psychiatrists are responsible for diagnosing and planning treatment for children and adolescents. Psychiatry of children and adolescents monitors healthy development throughout childhood and to the end of adolescence, and deals with the diagnosis and treatment of existing diseases.
Parents whose children ages 0-18, can contact the Department of Child Psychiatry:
- For all developmental problems (for example, at delayed speech or language development, difficulty urinating, or when children don't respond to their name when called, etc ...)
- For all types of mental problems (sadness, obsession, anxiety, self-harm ...)
- For poor school performance, learning difficulties,
- For behavioral violations
- They can contact a Specialist in the field of child and adolescent mental health to get advice on child development processes and common issues in child development.
Some of the common diagnoses in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry can be listed as follows:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder,
- Autism Spectrum Disorders,
- Anxiety disorder,
- Learning disorders
- School Refusal
- Adaptation disorder
- Tic-Related Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder,
- Alcoholism and Other Substance Use Disorders
- Behavioral disorders ...