Specialists in the field of pediatric immunology and Allergology are firstly get education at the faculty of medicine for 6 years, then for 4 years they get a qualification in Pediatrics, and then a specialization in Pediatric immunology and Allergology for 3 years. After receiving their education, they treat diseases of the immune system and allergic diseases in children aged 0 - 18 years.
What diseases do we treat?
- Allergic rhinitis
- Eye allergies
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
- Food Allergy
- Drug Allergy
- Hereditary angioedema
- Immune system disorders
At Pediatric Immunology and Allergy Department medical examinations are performed after a detailed medical history obtained by a specialist in Pediatric Immunology and Allergology. If necessary, laboratory tests and and radiological imaging methods are used.
Most common tests are:
- Blood test for allergies (Determination of specific IgE to the allergen)
- Respiratory function test (Spirometry)
- Skin allergy test (Pric Test)
- Intradermal test (Intradermal test)
Treatment options for the full range of diseases at Pediatric Imunology and Allergology Clinics
- Methods of protection against disease
- Medical treatment
- Vaccination against allergies